Hands on OT is open for In-Office and Telehealth Appointments. As health care professionals, nothing is more important to us than protecting the health of our patients. Our team shares everyone’s concerns about the ongoing precautions of COVID-19 and are taking all necessary precautions to maintain a safe environment.
Our dedicated staff are doing everything we can to provide a safe and healthy visit by following guidelines given by the CDC and LA County Department of Public Health. We are confidence in our current safety measurements, which allow us to continue providing quality care in a safe and comfortable environment.
In an effort to protect our patients and staff, we’ve put into place the below safety plan for you to review before your visit.
Cleaning & Disinfecting
We have implemented high-frequency cleaning and disinfect of treatment rooms/tables, equipment, instruments and supplies as well as all high touch contact surfaces throughout the clinic after each patient.
Social distancing measures have been implemented and you can feel safe here. We have spaced out seating in treatment area and even added treatment tables outside in our patio.
Proper PPE USE
Our staff will be using a mask and gloves for each patient. All patients required to wear a mask properly, covering nose and mouth, during their visit.
Our staff will be sanitizing their hands regularly. All patients will be asked to sanitize their hands upon entering and leaving the clinic.
All patients will be asked several screening questions prior to coming in for appointments and temperatures will be checked upon arrival.
PRE-APPOINTMENT SCREENING QUESTIONS:
To ensure the safety of all patients and staff, please review the following pre-appointment screening questions.
1. Have you or a member of your household had any of the following symptoms in the last 2 weeks (14 days): sore throat, cough, chills, body aches for unknown reasons, shortness of breath for unknown reasons, loss of smell, loss of taste, fever, temperature at or greater than 100 degrees Fahrenheit?
2. Have you or a member of your household traveled outside the US in the last 2 weeks (14 days)?
3. Have you or a member of your household traveled outside of California in the last 2 weeks (14 days)?
4. Have you or a member of your house been diagnosed with, or are you currently awaiting tests relating to, a suspected coronavirus (COVID-19) diagnosis?
5. Have you or a member of your household been in around any individual who tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 2 weeks (14 days)?
If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions and have already schedule an in-office appointment, please call our office at (310) 396-8564 to reschedule your appointment or convert it to a Telehealth appointment.
We are now providing the option of Telehealth appointments from the safety and comfort of your home. If you are interested in telehealth appointment, please call us today to learn more.